Are you looking for the best air mattress for everyday use or going on vacation or visiting friends at the hotel or cottage? Have you noticed after the first night people asking if you slept well? It is often hard to get a good night sleep on a bed that isn’t yours. This is why you want to have the best air mattress on the market. Never again will you see your guests wake up groggy and tired.
The home is not the only place where it’s good to have an air mattress. Anyone that likes to go camping and sleep under the stars will surely need a camping air mattress unless they want to rough it on the hard ground.
An inflatable mattress shouldn’t be bought without research, there are some questions to ask and criteria to be considered before the final decision. Luckily we have done the work for you.
- 1 Picking Best Air Mattresses For Everyday Use
- 2 Best Quality Air mattress for Everyday Use
- 3 1. SoundAsleep Dream Series
- 4 2. Insta Raised Air Bed
- 5 3. Fox Airbeds Plush High Rise
- 6 4. Coleman Quickbed
- 7 5. Intex Pillow Rest Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump
- 8 Why Buy an Inflatable Air Mattresses?
- 9 Things to Consider When Buying an Air Mattress
- 10 Why Choose Air Mattress for Everyday Use?
Picking Best Air Mattresses For Everyday Use
Here are some of the most crucial things that one should keep in mind to ensure that they are getting nothing but the best air mattress for the money.
The quality of an air mattress can be judged in many ways, but it is generally based on comfort. An air mattress is sought to replace a real bed so the closer that it feels like a real bed, the better.
- A key quality/comfort aspect for indoor air mattresses is if the air mattress is raised. An air mattress can either be raised via a frame or by additional air. You will find that these mattresses come with a bigger price tag – but again, they will make you or your guest feel like you are sleeping on a real bed.
- Some indoor mattresses have soft or pillow tops built into them as well – just like a real bed. Check this feature out as well if you like this for additional comfort.
- The ratings we have below are from customers you have used these mattresses for overnight sleeping and can testify to their comfort. Be sure to use the ratings!
Size is not just about twin or queen. Here are a few other questions to think through when choosing the best size: An air mattress is sought to replace a real bed so the closer that it feels like a real bed, the better.
- Will the bed only be used by one person? If multiple people are going to be sharing the bed then you will want to purchase at least a queen size bed and also consider a raised bed that will ensure that your guests do not sink to the floor.
- Depending on the size of your apartment or house, will the air mattress fit where you would like to sleep or have your guest stay over-night? Look at the dimensions of the bed prior to purchasing and make sure it will fit on the ground once it is blown up.
- How big is the air mattress when it is deflated? Will you have room to store it? If you do not have much closet space, you might want to shy away from the raised air mattresses as they take up considerably more space when deflated.
Every brand of air-mattress has their own ‘features,’ but overall you need to think about the following:
- How will you inflate your mattress (does it have a pump included)? Built in pumps also make it easier for guests to adjust the amount of air in the mattress in the middle of their sleep.
- Does the pump have a remote for added convenience of getting the right amount of air in the mattress?
- As mentioned previously, consider the advantage of a raised mattress! If you inflate a raised mattress prior to your guests arrival and make the bed up with nice linens and pillows, your guests might not even notice they are sleeping on an air mattress!
Best Quality Air mattress for Everyday Use
1SoundAsleep Dream Series
2Insta Raised Air Bed
3Fox Airbeds Plush High Rise
5Intex Pillow Rest Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump
And below is a detailed review of these top air mattress for everyday use and reasons why we chose to add them to our list.
1. SoundAsleep Dream Series
If you are looking for the best air mattress for everyday use then this is it. The SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress is our #1 pick for a few reasons. The main one being that is is one of the most comfortable air beds on the market today.
It has 40 comfort coils that creates a surface that maintains it’s shape and without losing much air. It is also very durable with it’s 500 pound capacity which is higher than a lot of similar priced models. The material has multiple layers which are puncture proof to stop holes and tears from the outdoors or pets. Bedding moving around during the night is a thing of the past with the flocked top keeping it in place.
2. Insta Raised Air Bed
The Insta raised air mattress with never flat pump is an option that has solved the air loss issue common with other mattresses. It can be used in the home for everyday usage and can even be taken camping and everywhere else you can think of.
The firmness can be adjusted from soft, medium and firm to suit different peoples preferences, so you don’t have to worry about sore backs any longer. It pumps up in only 3 minutes for those last minute guests and the pump even has an automatic shut off valve so you don’t have to stand around waiting for it to finish. A flocked top prevents bed sheets from slipping around. It comes in twin and queen size for your convenience and is without a doubt one of the best air mattress for everyday use.
3. Fox Airbeds Plush High Rise
Our next pick on the best air mattress for everyday use is From fox air beds. The Fox Airbeds plush high rise is a very comfortable option with an affordable middle of the road price that’s good for many people.
Just like the name advertises it is plush and some say it feels like your sleeping on clouds! Don’t mistake comfort for weakness though. This is a very tough product that is built sturdy and heavy with vinyl that is 43% thicker.
It comes in 4 sizes ( twin xl, full, queen and king) which are industry standard to fit all of your sheets.
4. Coleman Quickbed
The Coleman double high quickbed is an excellent option for people that like the feeling of being on a higher bed and the ease of getting in and out of it.
It stands 18 inches high so not that much off from a real bed. The extra layer on this air mattress really offers some extra comfort and sturdiness while you sleep. It rolls up when deflated and can be tied up with attached ties for easy transport and storage. It is ideal to use deep pocket sheets on this one but standard sheets will work just fine too.
5. Intex Pillow Rest Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump
To wrap up our list of the best air mattress for everyday use is yet another good option from Intex. If your on a budget and just looking for a basic option that the kids and family can crash on then the Intex pillow rest airbed with built in electric pump is the option for you! Just because this is a budget option doesn’t mean it isn’t comfortable and it stands 17.5 inches high to get in and out of easily.
It’s even waterproof, making it an excellent option for kids that like to spill. It can be folded up into the included bag and taken along on a camping trip or stored almost anywhere in the house. It is quite durable for the price and has vinyl beams along the top, sides and bottoms. The 600 pound capacity can accommodate heavy people like me with ease.
Why Buy an Inflatable Air Mattresses?
The use of an inflatable bed is obviously to sleep on. However, there are a few different scenarios that we hear about and come across most often ourselves.
Now you will have no way to refuse your in laws! But in all seriousness it will make your family and relatives so much more comfortable if you have a good bed for them to sleep on when they stay over. You don’t want to hear your father in law complaining about his back in the morning do you?
Kids Sleep Overs
Our dear children! No matter their personality, their interests, they most likely have friends they like to hang out with. As you must have noticed, they like to host sleepovers. If you think back to when you were a kid things were surely the same. Although kids are quite a bit tougher and more content with less comfortable sleeping arrangements, it’s still important to at least have a decent airbed for them.
Many of us like to experience the great outdoors and the beautiful starry sky. To do this, it is best to leave our polluted city and take refuge at the top of a mountain or the countryside. However, who wants to rough it on the ground? An air mattress for camping is a must for outdoor use.
They will help you wake up refreshed and ready to tackle that big hike the next day instead of having a sore back and being exhausted.
Things to Consider When Buying an Air Mattress
Because you want to choose one of the best air mattresses for your needs. There are a few things you will want to take into consideration that we will go over below.
Before choosing the size of your air mattress, you must first determine the size of the room or tent where you will be using it. The ideal situation is for the it to be as wide as possible while still fitting nicely wherever you put it. This will ensure that you have the maximum amount of sleeping space and also allows you to be comfortable no matter where you happen to be.
The sleeping capacity is also important when buying such a product because it allows you to identify well in advance if you are looking for a model that sleeps one, two or three people. You should choose your size according to how many people will need to use it. If it is intended to act as an extra bed in your home, the queen size air mattress or the king size air mattress is ideal. For travelers, the twin size is a good pick because of it’s portability.
Where it Will Be Used
During you search for the best air mattress, you will learn that there is a multitude of models with different features and different prices. We suggest you first choose your air mattress according to where you will use it. If you are looking to use it when camping, choose a product with a size smaller than the tent, otherwise it will take all the space and not allow maneuverability.
If you are looking for one to accommodate your friends or family as an extra bed for a night, a weekend or holiday, you should choose a thicker mattress that provides comfort that is comparable to a bed. Many of our visitors are pleasantly surprised by the level of comfort provided by these airbeds!
Manual or Automatic Inflation?
Contrary to popular belief, it is not difficult to inflate an air mattress. Technology these days makes it very easy for us. There are two main types that you will encounter: manual and automatic.
There are still many mattresses, particularly budget options, that inflate manually. It is not very complicated, you just need to have a manual pump and put in a bit of work to get it pumped up.
This type of inflation is not suitable for everyone though. It takes longer and can prove to be challenging for some people, particularly the elderly and children.
Whether you’re at home or camping, having an auto inflating bed is a lifesaver. All you need to do is find the nearest electrical outlet or even use your car cigarette socket if you have an adapter. Then plug it in and relax while it inflates before your eyes.
The Convenience That Comes With An Air Mattress:
An inflatable air mattress is useful when you don’t want to keep an extra ‘guest’ room fully ready at all times, but still need to accommodate guests without using precious free space in your home, condo, or apartment.
If you live in a small space, you need every square inch for your daily use, and there is no need to keep an entire mattress or bed in a room that you may need to use as an office or some other kind of living space. The wise use of space in smaller living arrangements includes not just brilliant storage, like shelving from floor to ceiling, but also the use of an inflatable air mattress so that a room only becomes a bedroom when you need it to be one.
- Don’t shy away from buying a queen or king size air mattress if you live in smaller space. Even though you need to purchase an air mattress that will fit in your space, you can purchase one that fills up practically an entire room, since it will not be left out at all times. Usually, the larger sleeping space someone has, the more people you can accommodate, and in the case of couples visiting or a huge slumber party for kids, you can just put a king size mattress on the floor with a bunch of pillows and blankets and let everyone crash out on your make-shift bed.
- Purchase an inflatable air mattress that inflates and deflates easily. If you aren’t planning on keeping the air mattress out for daily use but need to bring it out of a closet or from a top shelf often, then you may want to invest a few more dollars in one that has its own motorized air pump to inflate and deflate the mattress with ease. You can spend less, and get one that has a hand pump that would be fine for occasional use. If the in-laws pop in more frequently than you anticipate, or your long lost college room mate shows up on your front door with frequency, then you need an air mattress that won’t take three hours and a lot of hot air to blow up.
Last but not least:
Look for an air mattress that has many ‘air pockets’ or separate chambers for air. This makes for cloud-like sleeping experience as well as allow you to adjust the firmness of your mattress. Some more expensive inflatable air mattress versions even have the ability to adjust firmness in different chambers to allow for varying levels for each sleeper.
Why Choose Air Mattress for Everyday Use?
Investing in an air mattress is the perfect way to overcome some of the problems that exist with a traditional bed. A mattress can cost thousands of dollars, this is not something you would have to worry about when choosing an inexpensive alternative.
Another common problem with a traditional mattress is the breakdown of springs over a period of time. Spending thousands of dollars on a mattress that will only break down over a period of time is a waste of money. When springs begin to poke through a mattress, this is a sign that it is now time to replace the entire mattress. However, this is impossible unless you have thousands of dollars readily available. There are many alternative solutions that offer a much more reasonable price for a great night of sleep.
Buying an air mattress will help to save a significant amount of money. Keeping thousands of dollars in your pocket and getting a high quality mattress are two of the reasons why these have become so popular.
Additionally, many people find that the springs in a traditional mattress can result in a very painful night of sleep. Laying above the springs leads to the buildup of pressure in the back causing a significant amount of tossing and turning. When someone is attempting to get a quality night of sleep, pressure points are the last thing that they should have to worry about.
Additionally, there are no springs that are used in these mattresses, this means never having to worry about pressure points during the night. Since an air mattress is filled with air, this provides a more comfortable surface to sleep on when compared to very painful springs. Getting the best possible night of sleep is about finding something that will eliminate pain. However, many mattresses are simply too stiff. Sleeping on a very hard bed will increase back pain and result is some expensive medical conditions. The use of an air mattress is the perfect way to get the desired firmness without having to worry about pain. Pumping more air into the mattress would allow the bed to become firmer. However, it is also possible to let some air out when a softer bed is what you desire.
One problem that exists with traditional mattresses is the need to choose between firm and soft. Many people sleep with a significant other, these mattress are perfect for allowing two people to sleep in comfort providing the best night of sleep for everyone.
Things To consider When choosing A Good Air Mattress For Everyday Use
Some of the key features that makes up a good air mattress for everyday use includes:
- The ability to easily store the mattress when it isn’t in use. Many air mattresses are great once they are inflated, but it takes hours to deflate them and put them away, making for a very annoying problem when the mattress isn’t in use. Instead of fighting with a big plastic mess when you need to put your mattress out of site, make sure to find one that is deflated easily. Some even have their own inflate/deflate pumps so that you can get through this task with ease and no headache.
- Make sure your mattress has a puncture-free coating, or at least double layer plastic so that it stays inflated even if you place it on rocks or twigs if you happen to be using the air mattress when you are camping. The aforementioned trait is still important, so that it doesn’t take up all the space in your SUV or camper when you are transporting your mattress, but it makes no sense to haul an air mattress all the way up a mountain or into the deep forest if it is poorly made and springs a leak after a single use.
- Next thing to consider is that it is durable. Your air mattress should be manufactured from a heavy duty material that resists punctures. Durability is also key for long-term use.
- Another tip for purchasing the best air mattress if you are using it for everyday use at home or in a camping environment is to make sure it either comes with – or you purchase separately – a repair kit including puncture tape, scissors and a hand pump.
- More expensive mattresses will come with a small air pump that you can plug into a wall outlet, but if you are roughing it outdoors, you will need to make sure it comes with a air pump either battery operated, 12-volt to plug into your auto’s cigarette lighter, or a manual hand pump.
Also keep in mind:
Some of the higher-end air mattresses will come complete with quilted or padded tops, and even attached pillows that inflate also so you don’t even have to bring extra bed linens, aside from a sleeping bag. You should consider all of the above when choosing the best air mattress for your regular usage.
When you consider all of the advantages that are available when buying an air mattress, it becomes clear that this would be the perfect way to find a new bed.
Selecting the brand that is right for you would depend on how much you are willing to spend. There are some mattresses that are available for twenty dollars and others that cost one hundred or more.
However, the difference comes from a list of features that would provide a great experience in your home. An automatic air pump can increase the speed of getting a mattress as full as possible. This is a simple feature that can save a lot of time.
An air mattress also offers more portability and comfort than a traditional mattress. The increased support and easy storage that buyers enjoy offer clear advantages over a permanent bed.
The construction of these mattresses is built to last. You will not have to worry about replacing the bed for years to come. Additionally, these are available in twin, full, queen, and even king size air mattress. To get the best air mattress, select the largest mattress you can afford and fit in your bedroom. This will allow you the most comfort when compared to a traditional mattress. Hopefully this guide has been helpful in your quest to find the best air mattress for everyday use.