Want to invest in the best electric pressure cooker? Pressure cookers are air-tight vessels that utilize the build-up of steam to quickly cook food. The electric pressure cooker consists of a cooking pot, the electric heating element, and temperature/pressure sensors. The heating process is controlled by the built-in micro-processor depending on the readings of the pressure and temperature sensors. The benefits of pressure cooking are enormous ranging from saving time, energy and money to improving the flavor, texture and nutritional value of your food. All you need to do is put your ingredients in the cooking pot and then set the pressure cooking time for your given type of food.
Now that you are sold on the benefits of an electric pressure cooker or just upgrading from your traditional slow cooker, you need to ensure that you get the right one in order to enjoy the full benefits. The following are some of the best electric pressure cookers in the market that you need to consider:
- 1 Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- 2 All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
- 3 Kuhn Rikon Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker, 7 qt
- 4 GoWISE USA GW22623 4th-Generation Electric Pressure Cooker
- 5 Secura Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 6 Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
- 7 BLACK+DECKER 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
- 8 What Makes The Best Electric Pressure Cooker?
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
This electric pressure cooker measures 13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches and weighs 14.6 pounds. It is 6 quarts in size and uses 1000W, 120V power and voltage with LED display. It is highly touted as being safe, convenient and dependable with over 80% of users giving it a five star rating. It speeds up cooking by 2-6 times using up to 70% less energy to produce nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent manner. Instant Pot DUO60 comes with a wide range of uses including pressure cooking, Slow cooking, Rice/Porridge cooking, Steaming, Sautéing/Browning, Yogurt Making and Warming. It has a 24-hour timer for delayed cooking and automatically holds the temperature of the food until you serve it. It is quiet and leaks no steam while at the same time trapping all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The inner side of the pot is made from 3-ply bottom stainless steel which is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns associated with non-stick coatings.
Why Instant Pot DUO60 Is The Best Electric Pressure Cooker
– It perfectly supports a busy lifestyle since it is a multi cooker that combines 7 kitchen appliances in one and prepares dishes up to 70% faster.
– It is safe thanks to its Safety Lid Lock that prevents accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized. It also has a sensor that detects the lid position and monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe position for pressure cooking.
– It is durable, healthy and easy to clean. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is an extremely durable, food grade material with no chemical coatings. It is also easy to clean.
– It features 14 smart programs that makes cooking easy and accommodates most of your favorite dishes.
– It uses 3rd generation technology whereby the microprocessors monitor and adjust all the parameter to ensure that consistently get the desired results.
– It is UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms including, pressure Regulator, anti-blockage vent, automatic temperature control, high temperature monitoring, electrical current and temperature fuse and excess pressure protection.
Potential concerns with Instant Pot DUO60
-The small learning curve looks complicated and it might look intimidating at first.
– There are complains of it not working after sometime.
The Instant Pot DUO60 is a healthy, safe, efficient and dependable electric pressure cooker. You only need to take your time and learn the so many built-in functions and soon it will be your best friend. It is highly recommended as a kitchen friendly pressure cooker.
All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
This pressure cooker and canner measures 16 x 15 x 17 inches and weighs 20 pounds. It features exclusive precision machined sealing system that is metal-to-metal in nature. It is described as the perfect canner for all canning needs. Its clamping lock aligns the cover to the base to form a steam-tight seal that does not use a gasket which makes the cover easy to open and close. It is made from hand- cast aluminum material with a clean satin finish that looks attractive and easy to clean. Its geared steam gauge is easy to read with overpressure release settings of 5, 10 and 15psi. The all American Pressure cooker and Canner is designed for home applications only because it is heavy and has a larger diameter than most burners. As a result, it is not good for use on glass top/ flat ranges because it may break them or cause heat to transfer outward and damage the surrounding surface.
Why choose All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
– It offers the safest method for home canning since it has two automatic venting features- safety control valve and the over-pressure plug.
– It generates high heat that kills more bacteria than a regular hot water bath hence good for canning meat, fish, poultry, and all vegetables.
– It has the capacity needed for canning large quantities of food and also pressure cooking within a very short time.
– Because no gasket is involved, it is safe and allows venting under unusual conditions. Besides, this makes the cover easy to open and close.
– Uses a geared steam gauge that gives a clear reading.
– It has a solid construction given the extra heavy-duty cast aluminum construction for fast and even heating. It is also designed with double thickness edges for additional protection on points of heaviest wear.
– The All American cooker gives value for money in terms of quality of food cooked, appealing looks, ease of use and durability. The smooth satin surface is also easy to clean.
– It is made in the USA.
Potential concerns with All American 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Canner
-It is priced higher than the average cooker/canner and some people find it expensive.
-Due to its size and solid construction, it is a bit heavy for some people.
Apart from the price, size and weight, the All American pressure cooker/canner is an efficient, heavy-duty, large-capacity pressure cooker that is best utilized for canning. It is therefore a highly recommended pressure cooker/canner for home applications.
Kuhn Rikon Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker, 7 qt
The Kuhn Rikon is an elegant stainless steel Pressure cooker that it is touted as the Ferrari of the pressure cooker industry with its gleaming mirror finish and black and loop handles for two-handed lifting. It measures 16.1 X 9.8 X 9.2 inches and weighs 7 pounds. It seems to tick all the boxes when it comes to features and performance that include energy and time saving by up to 70%, more than five over-pressure safety systems and a solid construction that consist of an aluminum disk in the base sandwiched by two stainless steel layers. This makes it extremely strong and energy efficient. This cooker is describes as being healthy, fast and environmentally friendly. This is because it locks in vitamins, nutrients and flavor that are otherwise lost with conventional cookware using a lot less energy and time. It has a trivet for steaming which is a great improvement from previous models in terms of safety and efficiency. It is made in Switzerland and comes with a 10 year warranty.
Why choose Kuhn Rikon Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker, 7 qt
– It is strong and beautifully designed with the properties of steel and aluminum. Besides, it does not lose its glossy finish, rust or dent even after a long time of use.
– It comes in 7 different sizes ranging from 2.5 quarts to a whopping 8-quart capacity.
-It is fast and energy efficient reducing cooking time and energy consumption by 70% thanks to the duromatic pressure cooking that also maintains the nutrients, color and flavor of food.
– Easy to operate because the inside of the cooker is marked with measuring points which will help you to pour the right quantity of water without any random guess work.
– It is safe given the special locking lid feature which makes sure that the pressure stays locked until the steam is released and is safe to be opened.
– It is quiet without any danger of overcooking or noisy steam escapes because it displays the exact pressure that enables you to know when to start and stop cooking.
– It is universal compatible since it is safe on electric, ceramic, gas and induction stovetops.
– It is durable and comes with a 10 year warranty.
Potential concerns with Kuhn Rikon Stainless-Steel Pressure Cooker
– For its size, it’s a bit expensive including the spare parts.
– Cleanup is a bit intensive.
In all honesty, it is always true that you get what you pay for and this pressure is worth every penny that you part with. Its features and performance are excellent and over 80% of users confirm this. It is one of those products that you should not hesitate to buy since there is no risk involved.
GoWISE USA GW22623 4th-Generation Electric Pressure Cooker
This electric pressure cooker manufactured by GoWISE USA has dimensions of 12 x 14 x 10 inches and weighs 18 pounds. It is described as a new model of programmable pressure cooker for its 8-in-1 multifunction cooking and 12 cooking options with preset times. If you like doing things yourself, then you can use the manual time and pressure setter as an alternative. It also features a delay timer and pressure reading display so that you can cook your food and be ready at a preferred time. It comes with accessories that include stainless steel insert rack and steaming basket, a measuring cup and rice scooper. The insert pot is made of free coated durable PTFE and PFOA.
Why choose GoWISE USA GW22623 4th-Generation Electric Pressure Cooker
– It is affordable yet with the same basic functions as other expensive cookers.
– It cooks a wide variety of recipes thanks to its high number of multifunction cooking and preset cooking options.
– It is quiet and emits no vapor when cooking which leaves your kitchen with fresh air always.
– It is easy to operate and use with clear programming buttons.
– It is healthy and uses a stainless steel inner pot.
-It is safe with secure pressure release.
Potential concerns with GoWISE USA GW22623
– It has few safety features.
– The lid can be hard to remove and cause splashes or spills when opening.
– It does not come with a recipe booklet.
The GoWISE USA is an inexpensive electric pressure cooker but with the basic capabilities of a pressure cooker. It is durable and efficient which makes it a great product for the price.
Secura Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
This 6-Quart electric pressure cooker has dimensions of 12 x 13.5 x 13 inches and a weight of 12 pounds. It is described as a cutting edge cooking unit and a multifunction electric cooker that is loaded with automatic temperature system and time control. It is a 6-in-1 multifunction cooker with options of a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, food steamer, and sauté pan as well as a soup maker. It uses an 18/10 stainless steel cooking pot which is dishwasher friendly together with cool-touch handles and lid which are also safe and energy efficient. The cooker uses a micro-computerized temperature and time control system to figure out how long your food should cook. The Secura also features a 24 hour delay timer, a convenient lid bracket and a digital display. It comes with optional accessories that include a non-stick cooking pot and stainless steel steam basket and rack. Included in the package is a measuring cup, user’s manual, rice spoon and recipe book. The electric pressure is ETL approved with a warranty of 1 year.
Why choose Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
– Uses 18/10 stainless steel cooking pot is safe, durable and presents no health risks.
– Its 6 quart capacity together with 6-in-1 cooking functions makes it ideal for small-medium sized families and replaces 6 different cooking appliances.
-It is energy and time efficient.
-The micro-computerized temperature and time control system and a 24 hour time delay means that you can attend to some emergencies out of kitchen at any time.
-The Cool-touch Protective Coating on handles and lid that reduces burning injuries in the kitchen during cooking times.
-It uses a clear digital Display for effortless cooking.
-It comes with a clear user manual and recipe book which makes it easy to get started with.
Potential concerns with Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
– This pressure cooker is still pretty limited in the respect that it only offers 6 quart cooking capacity and therefore not ideal for bigger families or large group of people.
-There are complains of poor customer service.
The Secura electric pressure cooker offers a range of features that make it one of the most comprehensive pressure cooking options available. This is despite the fact that it is very affordable and energy efficient. It is therefore a good choice for the price.
Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
This is a 1000Watt, 6-quart capacity electric pressure cooker designed with a brushed stainless exterior and a non-stick coated interior cooking pot. It is fast and cuts cooking times by up to 70% while at the same time being energy efficient. It is also simple with a push-button control panel with a digital display. The design is sleek and snazzy and contains seven built-in safety features. Other great features of the Cuisinart include multiple pressure settings, digital thermostat, dishwater safe cooking pot and trivet, cool-touch side handles and a 99-minute time and LED display. Cuisinart offers cooking functions like browning, simmering, keeping warm and sautéing as well as low and high pressure cooking in the same pot. It comes with a recipe book and a limited three year warranty.
Why choose the Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
– It offers effortless cooking thanks to the 99-minute timer and LED countdown display.
– The fingerprint-proof brushed stainless steel housing is durable and elegant.
– It is safe given that the cooker remains locked until the pressure drops to zero. The cool-touch side handles are also safer.
-The cooking pot is not only non-stick but also dishwasher-safe.
– It is reasonably simple to learn to use.
– It is a high performance pressure cooker.
– It is highly affordable with one of the lowest price in the market.
– The trivet is included which is also dishwasher safe.
Potential concerns with Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
– Some users feel that the instructions provided in the manual aren’t very clear for first time pressure cooker users.
– It does not come with stainless steel cooking pot.
– Lacks slow-cooking mode and some other features of comparable units.
The Cuisinart is an electric pressure cooker that offers a variety of pressure cooker settings with a good number of desirable features. It is kitchen friendly given that it is designed for effortless cooking. It is therefore a good choice for the price.
BLACK+DECKER 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
Closing down our list of the best electric pressure cookers is the Black+Decker 6-Quart Pressure Cooker. The Black+Decker 6-Quart Pressure Cooker is described as being incredibly easy to use and effective in preparing delicious meals in an instant. It has dimensions of 12.4 x 12.4 x 13 inches and weighs only 4 pounds which makes it one of the lightest pressure cookers. With 7 dedicated pressure functions and 4 non-pressure functions, you can cook all your favorite recipes in one pot. Its controls are super-intuitive and come with a manual plus a cooking booklet that gives detailed cooking recommendations for every program as well as a variety of recipes. The automatic functionalities that you will find include: rice, oatmeal, reheat, steam, soup, bake, sauté, pressure cook, brown, keep warm and DIY. This model is also safe with 25 built-in automatic programs designed with nine independent safety checks to ensure the unit works correctly and safely every time. Besides, it uses digital controls and delay timer for effortless cooking. It comes with accessories that include trivet, rice-measuring cup, and nonstick-friendly serving spoon.
Why choose BLACK+DECKER 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
– It is simple and very easy to use thanks to its intuitive design and modes together with a very clear manual.
– It is fast with the quick pressure release valve working very rapidly.
– It is safe with up to 9 added safety features.
-The manual is clear and thorough which makes it easy to get started.
– It uses digital controls and delay timer and you only need to select the exact function and the time you desire.
– It is easy to clean given that the cooking bowl and accessories are dishwasher-safe.
-It is affordable and light in weight compared to other models.
Potential concerns with BLACK+DECKER 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
–Takes a very long time to release pressure naturally.
-The slow cooker is very slow.
The BLACK+DECKER 6-Quart Pressure Cooker lives up to its promise of being a very fast and safe. It is therefore a great choice if you want a light, easy to use and affordable pressure cooker with a wide variety of functionalities.
What Makes The Best Electric Pressure Cooker?
If you are looking for the best electric pressure cooker, you need to look at your individual needs first. This is because they differ in various features including the price, material, functions, size, warranty, pressure indicators and so on. The price differs depending on the size and the quality of material used with larger ones being expensive. Despite this, the size of the cooker that you choose should the population size or the amount of food you want to cook. Choosing a pressure cooker that is made of high-quality material like stainless steel is also important because it is durable and healthy compared to other materials like aluminum.
Pressure cookers also come with different pressure levels and this is what you should consider to avoid later disappointments. For instance, you should choose the one with highest psi if you fast cooking times. Safety is also a very important feature that should not be ignored and you should look at things like temperature monitors, detection systems, locking lids and pressure releases.
It is important to choose a pressure cooker that is easy to clean and replace. In this case, you should look for a high quality cooker that will last long or choose the one with a non-stick finish although you will have to replace it more often. Pressure cookers like other items may come faulty and it is necessary that you look at the warranty information before settling on one. The ones which come with a lifetime warranty are the best. also read more about our best cookware sets list.
The benefits of an electric pressure cooker are enormous and it is definitely a great investment for your home. However, you should put certain things into consideration before you choose one because it is one of the most powerful tools in your kitchen. Hopefully, this review of the best electric pressure cookers will help you handpick the perfect one.