Are you searching for the best portable table saws? A table saw can have its circular saw blade driven on an electric motor directly or by belt or by gears. They come in different models that include portable, hybrid, contractors and cabinet table saws. Being mobile contractors, carpenters always move from one project to another at a time and this is why they need a portable table saw that can be moved from one place to another as well. Carpentry also requires that you work independently and often on multiple projects at the same time. In order to make your work easier, it is necessary to work with excellent tools that have the right features. For instance, you need to consider the tool portability in terms of size and weight, power, safety, dust collection, and ease of use among others. In general, a good portable table saw should be easy to store, access and move while at the same time be productive and safe. So, which are the best portable table saws that you should consider buying?
- 1 Best Portable Table Saws
- 1.1 1DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
- 1.2 2Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
- 1.3 3DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- 1.4 4DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
- 1.5 5DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
- 1.6 6SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
- 1.7 7Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
- 2 1. DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
- 3 2. Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
- 4 3. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
- 5 4. DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Guarding System and Stand
- 6 5. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity – 120V
- 7 6. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity
- 8 7. Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
- 9 Why choose Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
- 10 Important features to look out for in a portable table saw
Best Portable Table Saws
1DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
2Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
3DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
4DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
5DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
6SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
7Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
Below are detailed reviews on each of these portable table saws and why we picked them as the best.
1. DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
This portable saw has a 15 Amp 4800 rpm motor and 24’’ rip capacity to allow cutting of large and hard wood materials. We’ve rated it as the best portable table saw for many reasons including its performance and work efficiency which is one of the best you will ever come across. It features Site-Pro Modular Guarding System for toll free adjustments as well as fast, accurate fence adjustments thanks to its rack and pinion telescoping fence rails. It is also compact and lightweight with a metal roll cage base for jobsite durability. This saw also boasts of having onboard storage and the push stick for safety when they are not in use. It comes with a 24Tcarbide tipped blade, adjustable rear feet, aluminum dust port and table coating that greatly reduces friction. It is described as being a professional grade tool for use on job sites or in home workshops where existing bench space is minimal.
Why DEWALT DWE7480 Is Our Best Portable Table Saw
-With a 15amp 4800 rpm motor, it is a powerful portable table saw that quickly rips through hardwoods.
– It uses the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System which allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application.
– Its 24″ of rip capacity easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials with ease.
– Its rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate.
– It uses onboard storage which provides easy access to the Site-Pro Guarding components and push stick when not in use.
– It is durable thanks to its metal roll cage base that enables greater durability compared to plastic bases.
– It is lightweight with only 48 lbs which gives it greater portability in terms of loading, unloading and transportation. It can easily be carried by a single operator.
– The adjustable rear feet design enables working on uneven surfaces.
– It is easy to clean given that the dust port is made of aluminum and allows for 2-1/2″ vacuum hook up that minimizes clean up.
– Its 24T carbide blade enhances cut quality and prolongs blade life.
– The table coating reduces friction which enables smoother cutting.
– Its Strong construction and high performance means that it works despite its relatively compact size.
Potential concerns with DEWALT DWE7480 10-Inch
– It doesn’t offer an extension for the out feed.
– It does not support a dado blade.
– If you are used to larger tables, you will find the table space in front of the blade to be lacking.
This portable table saw has excellent performance for its size and price range. Moreover, it is powerful when cutting all types of wood and highly accurate. It is therefore a highly recommended portable table saw for job sites and home workshops.
2. Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
This portable table saw boasts of 8 inch Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand that delivers both professional rip capacity and outstanding portability. This stand features treaded rubber-composite wheels and collapsible design for easy transport and storage. The Bosch also has a Square Lock Rip Fence that is engineered for maximum accuracy and easy gliding along the rail for one-handed operation. Included is the Smart Guard System which is the first modular table saw blade guard featuring a three-position adjustable riving knife, anti-kickback pawls and non-obstructed-view barrier guard assembly. The table saw provides a 29 In. by 21-1/2 In. square tabletop with a 25 inch rip capacity for ripping. It uses a 15-amp, 4.0-hp 3650 rpm motor and an integrated sub base that increases the tool life by protecting the table saw base.
Why choose Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
– It works seamlessly with the included Gravity-Rise wheeled stand for easy jobsite mobility, with single-action setup and break down.
-It is safe given the riving knife and anti-kickback pawls that provide protection when a kickback occurs, while the barrier guard assembly provides a barrier helping to deter blade contact while allowing an unobstructed view of the point the blade meets the work piece.
– It is powerful with 15 Amp 4.0 HP Max motor and easily rips through hard and ply woods together with remanufactured wood composites
-The square Lock rip fence is engineered for enhanced clamping and accuracy.
– It has a large cast aluminum top that provides increased work space and material support together with a 25 inch ripping capacity.
– Its soft-start and constant response circuitry manages the intensity of motor start-up, minimizes the likelihood of tripping a circuit breaker and maintains speed under load.
– The onboard storage allows for access to all included components.
-It uses arbor lock that permits easy blade changes, with arbor lock and blade wrench located onboard.
-It produces very smooth and accurate cuts.
– Has good dust collection using a wet/dry vacuum.
Potential concerns with Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
-Some plastic materials will not be appreciated by all owners.
-The blade lowering mechanism may fail after extended use.
-The unit is easily portable on wheels, but may require two people for loading and unloading on vehicles.
The Bosch 4100-09 is a highly portable table saw that is good for professionals working around job sites or home workshops. The inclusion of a stand in the package means that it is easily portable around jobsites, although you can also buy it to use at home in a private workshop.
3. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
This 32-1/2 inch rip capacity portable table saw is best for trimming materials and cutting plenty of larger shelving. It uses a 15 amp motor that gives the desired performance to easily cut through the toughest of hardwood. It is designed with a large table measuring 26-1/4 inch by 22 inch which offers superior support for the different woodworking materials. Included is a complete rolling stand that increases stability, and is easy to break down and setup. Its heavy-duty wheels make it possible to travel over jobsite debris, curbs, and even steps while a telescoping fence rail easily retracts or extends when in use or while in transport. It is built with an easy to use dust collection port that has a universal design to accept a 2 inch hose on a vacuum cleaner.
Why choose DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
-It offers excellent safety features as well as features that allow for ease of use and efficiency, such as on-board accessory storage and tool-free adjustments.
-The rolling stand makes it much easier to transport this portable table saw to various job sites.
-Quick and easy to setup and take down for transport or storage.
-The table saw fence feature is very accurate.
-Minimal storage footprint because the actual table size is fairly compact.
– Gives a very stable platform on the 4-legged folding stand.
-The 15 amp motor has the ability to provide plenty of power.
– It comes with a well insulated power cord.
Potential concerns with DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
-The surface coating for the table top isn’t the most durable and seems more like a cosmetic feature.
-There are those who feel that the sliding arm is poorly designed. Sawdust can get built up on the tracks and the plastic turning dial can get gummed up quickly.
The DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch is good for ripping filler boards, floor boards, and deck boards for deck installation as well as trimming and remodeling different types of shelving, wainscoting, moldings and lumber among other functions. It is a good portable table saw if you need a large size table that is stable and easy to transport and store.
4. DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Guarding System and Stand
This table saw comes as an all-in-one package with guarding system and stand. Its large 24-1/2 inch of rip makes it possible to cut or trim plenty of materials including large shelving. It is built with a 15 amp 4800 RPM motor for high performance plus the carbide 24-tooth blade which is perfect for long-term use and to guarantee the cut quality. This saw is touted as being compact yet with high performance. With its special Site-Pro modular guarding system that makes it quick and easy to make the tool-free adjustments of the special guarding parts. It is built with rack and pinion telescoping fence rails for accurate, smooth and fast cuts together with a heavy-duty and foldable stand that folds flat for greater ease in storage and transport. It has fully adjustable rear feet and a convenient dust port designed to accept a 2-1/2 inch vacuum cleaner.
Why choose DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw with Guarding System and Stand
-It is light weight in design yet with great durability and mobility.
– It has a high cutting accuracy thanks to its telescoping fence rail system.
– It has a nice 24- tooth carbide blade that is durable with good cut quality.
-The construction and design of the saw is excellent.
– The setup is simple and straightforward.
– It has solid performance with a powerful little motor.
– Great at cutting hardwoods.
-Its dust port is great as it easily collects most of the sawdust.
-It has handles for ease in lifting and relocating.
Potential concerns with the DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch
-There are complains that the meter gauge isn’t well placed.
-It has a short cord.
The DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch is a portable table saw that has many good qualities and it a good choice if you want a table saw that is compact but with great performance.
5. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity – 120V
Yet another Dewalt making it to the list of the best portable table saws. This portable table saw features the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System for application-specific setups. It is designed with a powerful 15 amp motor and a large 20-inch rip capacity that allows easy cutting of a variety of large shelving and trimming of materials. It also comes with blade guards, a miter gauge, a push stick, and a dependable 10-inch, 24-tooth carbide blade to get your project started right away. Its rack and pinion fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth, and accurate together with the telescoping fence rails that retract to create a small, portable package. Uses on-board storage and a metal roll cage base that offer greater durability than plastic bases. The Shoe bevels 0° to 45° for beveled cuts and weighs only 45 lbs, so it can easily be moved on and off the job. Other features include an adjustable rear feet, dust port that allows for 2-1/2″ vacuum hook up, 24T carbide blade and table coating that reduces friction for smoother cutting.
Why choose DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity – 120V
-It is highly portable given that it is light in weight.
-It has smooth rip fence adjustments and locking mechanisms.
-Designed with a high quality blade protector assembly.
-It has an overall high quality construction.
-It mounts well on the frame given the included accessories.
-Has an efficient dust collector with a standard horse attachment.
Potential concerns with DEWALT DW745 10-Inch
-There are concerns with the quality of the meter gauge and the push stick.
– Has relatively short rip capacity.
– Does not come with dado blade support.
Despite its relatively short rip capacity, this table saw is able to rip through solid wood, remanufactured wood, composites and pieces of ply. It also has easy and accurate blade adjustments and the fence lock is easy to adjust. It is therefore a professional brand that caters to contractors as well as home based wood workers including general carpenters, renovators, flooring professionals, cabinet makers/installers and furniture makers.
6. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity
This is a special saw being the world’s first Worm Drive table saw that is specifically designed for ripping. It is highly portable and compact for the garage or the jobsite. Its construction is also solid and this is coupled with best in class Dual-Field motor that keeps it cutting for a lifetime. The 25 In. rip capacity and 3-1/2 In. depth of cut makes it the ultimate saw for demanding jobs and increased productivity.
Why choose SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity
– It has legendary gearing with its worm drive gearing that makes it perfect to handle difficult cuts.
-The 25 inches rip capacity and 3-1/2 inch depth of cut for different materials is excellent.
-It has a 15-Amp Dual-Field motor for enhanced cutting speed and extended motor life.
– It uses a self-aligning rip fence with on-tool storage for a true cut and accessory storage.
– It has only 49lbs which makes it lightweight, portable and compact making it ideal for job site mobility.
-The only concern about the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ is its zero degree bevel stop that doesn’t have enough adjustment range.
In all honesty, the power and torque of the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ makes it easy to tackle difficult cuts and bogging down will be a thing of the past. Besides, it features a best-in-class Dual Field motor which provides for an increase in cutting speed and a smooth startup for a saw that runs cooler and lasts longer. It is therefore a highly recommended table saw especially for beginners.
7. Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
To close our top 7 list of the best portable table saws is the Rockwell RK7241S. The Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser is touted as having the best of power, precision, and portability for the utmost in versatility on the job site. It boasts of having four times the cutting capacity of comparable 10-inch table saws on the market together with having an extra-long, 30-inch foldout fence that provides the widest rip capacity. It has an integrated laser guide which also automatically realigns if the blade angle is beveled and never needs fine-tuning. This laser guide allows for consistent accuracy. It also uses an extended leg as a pull handle to effortlessly transport the saw on its built-in wheels from one job site to the next. This saw uses a 15 amp 4800 rpm motor, comes fully assembled with trolley stand for portability and is lightweight and versatile.
Why choose Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
-It has the biggest Depth of Cut and Most Rip Cut Capacity in its Class given its maximum cutting depth is 3-9/16 inches at 90 degrees and 2-9/16 inches at 45 degrees.
-It uses the Rockwell’s Laser Guide technology that improves accuracy and consistency of cuts by providing a true cutline indicator that displays exactly where the blade will cut the material at hand.
-It is highly portable given its trolley stand. The integrated wheels and the ability to use an extended leg as a pull handle, is easy to roll from the workshop to the job site to the garage and back again.
-It uses a very powerful motor that can handle all kinds of materials for woodworking jobs.
-Its 30 inch table can be used to cut larger materials with ease.
-It is durable and comes with a two year limited warranty.
-Everything is preassembled so that you do not have to waste any time for assembly.
Potential concerns with Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
– The dust bag cannot collect all the saw dust and cannot be connected to a shop-vacuum for a faster cleaning experience.
– The meter gauge is made of plastic.
The success of your work highly depends on the tools that you use. In a world where competition is very high, you will only stand out if your product is unique and excellent in all aspects including quality and appearance. This is why you need the right portable table saw that will make it easier for you to achieve your goals.
Important features to look out for in a portable table saw
When buying a portable table saw, you need to consider not only the brand but also its features to ensure that it is right for you. The most important features include:
The rip capacity. Lower inches range from 9-1/2-inches to 17-1/4-inches range, while the medium and perfect range is 24-1/2-inches through 25-inches and higher range is 26-inches to 30-inches.
Power and cut quality. Look for a table saw that deliver smooth cuts and able to handle all types of wood including tough ones. A 15 amp motor should be just fine unless you need a high-performance motor for rough stock and higher durability.
Rip fence. Your rip fence should be durable and provide precise cuts. It should also lock securely, be parallel to the blade and adjust smoothly.
Blade controls. It should be simple to control and comfortable to use.
Miter gauge. The miter gauge should be well-built, durable and easy- to- read.
The table stand. Look for the one that is efficient, portable and stable. It should also be easy to dismantle and set up.
Safety features. Choose the one with a blade guard for your safety, riving knife for clean and safe operations as well as anti-kickback pawls to prevent kickback.
Dust control. Cutting with table saws generates a lot of debris and you need a table saw that feature a dust-port for attaching a bag or vacuum for a safer and cleaner work environment.
Apart from the above features, you will have to look at the price of a table saw having in mind that when it comes to tools such as portable table saws, you usually get what you pay for.